From Minnesota, USA:

My 10-year-old daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes two weeks ago. She is taking a combination of Humalog and Regular insulin. I just read on the Internet that Humalog is not recommended for children or pregnant women. However, it was written in 1995. Is it now safe for children to be on Humalog?

Strictly speaking, lispro insulin [Humalog®] has not yet been through sufficient clinical trials for it to be officially recommended for children. Unofficially though, it is widely used because of the advantages of rapid onset and shorter action that enable it to be given just after a meal and so take into account both the pre-meal blood sugar and appetite. In this clinic, Humalog has for the most part replaced Regular insulin, except where there has been a need to prolong the action of the Regular insulin.