From Tennessee, USA:

I'm 40 years old and have been Type 2 diabetic for about 6 years. I now have used insulin for 3 years and feel much better. My question is somewhat common but more to the point than others I have read. I want to know the results of islet cell research being done by a Doctor in North Carolina who has been diabetic since he was a child. I have read all I can find on this man's work but I want to know the very latest! (Sorry I don't have his name in front of me now but I'll bet you know who he is.)

I think you are referring to Dr. Anton-Lewis Usala from Encelle, Inc. in Greenville, North Carolina. You can read about his research at his web site at A Visit to Encelle, Inc.