From Sheffield, S. Yorkshire, England:

I am going on a guide camp with a 10 year old girl who has recently been diagnosed as diabetic. Have you any helpful pointers in relation to her blood sugar level, e.g., when do I decrease/increase insulin? I have been informed that she follows a healthy diet, though not necessarily sugar free. What are your thoughts on this please?

You don't say in what capacity you are going on the guide camp but I'll assume that you have a supervisory role. Blood sugars should be between 4 and 10 mmol/L most of the time and I am sure the child will have had advice from her diabetes team about reducing her insulin dose for the camp. She is correct that her diet should be healthy and she will eat snacks (e.g., Fun Size chocolate bars) before vigorous activity or if she feels low. I would advise that she shouldn't be allowed to go off into woods, etc., on her own (but I don't expect that you would allow any of them to do this) and she should carry a hypo remedy around at all times (e.g., glucose tablets) and so should an accompanying adult. If in any doubt that she might have a low blood sugar then give her 2 or 3 glucose tablets. If you are wrong you'll do no harm.