From Pleasanton, California, USA:

Are headaches ever attributed to either rebound or severe hypos? My 8 year old daughter had a day in which she had many hypos, seemingly for no apparent reason. (No exercise.) We had been doing well on her dose for a month, but I decreased her bedtime insulin. Rebound the next two days. She then complained of headaches for about 5 days.

Headache in diabetic patients is a fairly common late clinical response to mild and/or severe hypoglycaemia. Certainly the headaches you describe in your daughter could be due to the many (prolonged?) hypos she had been suffering, particularly if during the nighttime. They could also have other causes when the symptoms last for more than few days after correcting the insulin therapy and hypos. In any case, you should talk to your pediatrician about it.