From Oklahoma, USA:

Is it normal for a 8 year old to be aggressive toward other children at school if their blood sugar levels are down? I am in reference to actually hitting or biting.

When a person with diabetes is having a low blood sugar, they may have personality changes, and indeed some people may become quite unlike themselves and be aggressive.

Diabetes should not be used as an excuse to explain overall behavior problems. If the child is having a consistent problem with anger and aggression, I would recommend talking to the staff at school and also seeing a counselor.