Question:

I'm only 12 and I'm in that stage of which meter is right for me. This is only my first year with diabetes. I used to have a meter and I was very happy with it. Now I have another model of blood glucose meter because the other one got stolen, and I'm very picky about blood and how you apply it to a meter. Well, since I just got this new meter for free, I've been having some troubles with it because I'm not used to aiming a lot of blood to the strip. Should I stick with this new meter or get another one of the meters I used before? And can you please tell me which one has more accuracy?

Answer:

All the meters are accurate when used correctly. You need to choose the one you like best, and feel most comfortable with. To help decide among the features, you can look at the listing of Blood Glucose Meters. In your case, since you already were comfortable with your previous meter, I'd suggest you get another one of that same model.

SS