From North Carolina, USA:

My 62 year old father-in-law has diabetes. He is a farmer and chews loose leaf tobacco. He puts in a "pinch" and swallows the juice. We think that because tobacco is flavored with molasses, he is swallowing a lot of sugar. Please let me know if you think this could dramatically affect his blood-sugar level. Unfortunately, I do not know his Type.

The general rule of thumb: If the molasses in the chewing tobacco is less than 5 grams of carbohydrate (total amount ingested), this will generally not increase one's blood glucose level. We would need to know how much he actually ingests to know its effect on his blood sugar level.