Is there a reliable portable insulin refrigeration unit on the market? I'll be on the road, in a car, in motels (unprepared to deal with diabetics), for 2 months. Cold-pack devices work fine if you can freeze the packs every 24 hours, but often I can't. So, is there lightweight refrigeration unit that could do the job, or am I stuck with various coldpack devices?

I really don't know. But remember that it's not necessary to keep your insulin cold. If you keep the current bottle at room temperature, that's sufficient.

All spare bottles should be kept refrigerated to prolong their "shelf life." If you're going to be on the road, you probably should plan to buy backup bottles now and then, rather than bring a bunch.

[Editor's comment: There are small refrigerators that have 12VDC plugs for use in cars and boats. Most are about the size to hold six drink cans. You might want to check a sporting supply store that caters to fishermen or campers. JSH]