From Texas, USA:

My 22 month old granddaughter was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at the age of 13 months. She takes insulin twice a day and we check her blood sugar at least four times a day. I have written before about her highs (nearing 400) and lows (in 30's). We have a difficult time making her eat and drink. She seems to be putting on weight. From her regularly scheduled visit to the Diabetic clinic (every 3 months) she had gained 2 pounds this last time. We are concerned about dark circles under her eyes now. We noticed this before she was diagnosed and now we are seeing them again. Is this anything to be concerned about?

If the child's parents are concerned about the dark circles under their child's eyes, they should discuss this with their child's pediatrician. If her diabetes in under control, they are unlikely to be related to her diabetes. The most common cause for dark circles under the eyes in a young child is allergy.