From Tucson, Arizona, USA:

I am part of a multidisciplinary team in the state of Arizona who is setting up guidelines for care of the child with diabetes in the organized day care setting. I have the Kindercare information; is there anything in specific you could recommend to include? I have the help of a local Peds Endo and Peds Endo RN CDE. I am doing a literature search. Anything you could suggest would be of help.

In addition to what you have already, there are materials available from many sources on the care of children with diabetes. You might start with the American Diabetes Association and American Association of Diabetes Educators. I think your strongest resource will be the direct contact with the pediatric diabetes team you have mentioned.

[Editor's comment: Diabetes at School includes information and advice about caring for kids with diabetes in school and daycare. JSH] Original posting 23 Oct 97