Question:

From Australia:

My doctor uses special software to analyze my blood sugar readings that are downloaded from my meter. Where can I get the hardware/software to do this? Can I download the software? The monitor is great for the doctor but useless for me as I can't monitor my own progress effectively.

Answer:

See Computerizing Your Meter for various software programs for various meters. Several meter manufacturers make software packages, with a cable and device that interfaces between the meter and your computer, that they would be delighted to sell to you.

WWQ

[Editor's comment: Some meter manufacturers have a policy of selling their software analysis tools only to medical professionals. JSH]