From La Habra, California, USA:

My mother, age 77, is an insulin-dependent diabetic. I bought some sugarless chocolates for her, but she says sorbitol causes problems. I contacted the maker and they said the chocolates are made with morbitol but I cannot find any information about it. Is morbitol chemically close enough to sorbitol that she shouldn't eat them?

I have never heard of morbitol. I wonder if she is talking about malital or mannitol. Both of these are also sugar alcohols and contain 4 calories per gram. Both mannitol and sorbitol have warnings about causing gas and diarrhea.