I'm looking for a lot of help! My 17 month old has diabetes and I need ideas for food. He is also teething.

There is a wonderful book called Sweet Kids: How to Balance Diabetes Control & Good Nutrition with Family Peace by Betty Page Brackenridge, MS, RD, CDE & Richard R. Rubin, PhD, CDE. This will give you a good idea of the eating behaviors and how to cope with them during all stages of life.

Basically, children with diabetes eat the same variety of foods as children without diabetes. I highly recommend you seek a pediatric diabetes team to aid you in managing your child. The food can be especially challenging and the focus of feeding your child should be on normal growth, which is provided when diabetes is in good control.