From San Jose, California, USA:

I married a diabetic 7 months ago. I love him dearly, but I can't help but worry about his blood sugar levels. He does test his blood daily, however he doesn't exercise and he eats mostly meat and very few vegetables. I want him around forever, I can't imagine my life with out him. But I really think he should eat right. I want to learn everything about the disease and help him fight this. I need to join a support group. What else do you recommend?

As in any relationship, communication is so important. Share your feelings and concerns, but also give him the space he needs. Work with him to find out where he would like help and "reminders" and where he would perceive this help as "nagging." Learn as much as you can about diabetes, and there are some excellent books now available from the American Diabetes Association on the psychosocial issues of diabetes. You also are right, that joining a support group is a great idea.

Best wishes to you in your new marriage.