Question:

From New Jersey, USA:

In my town, I cannot find Zbars in any pharmacy. The pharmacies say it has been taken off the market. The Zbars have really been helping me overnight with my diabetes. Do you have any information about why Zbars were taken off the market?

Answer:

According to an industry representative, the Zbar is no longer available at the wholesale level in the United States. The manufactur of the Zbar, Baker Norton Pharmaceuticals, says the product is on backorder indefinitely.

The NiteBite snack bar is designed to provide the same slow release of glucose into the blood stream as the Zbar. You may find it to be a suitable substitute, though there is some difference in nutritional content.

JSH