From St. Albert, Alberta, Canada:

I am a 38 year old female; I have a 13 year old daughter with Type 1 diabetes and my father has had Type 1 diabetes for over 35 years. Over the past few months, I have noticed that I am showing symptoms of diabetes: fatigue, hunger and thirst. I started doing blood tests on myself about a week ago and, although I am not in the diabetic range, I seem to be running between 6 and 9 [108 and 162 mg/dl] consistently. I have specifically tested before meals and again when I am feeling the worst (complete fatigue). I test the highest when I am fatigued.

Is there any information available on the development of diabetes and how it progresses? Also are there any studies on prevention at this point? This pattern of blood sugars matches what my daughters were when she was diagnosed. Any information you could provide would be appreciated.

It's not possible for me to say that you are not developing diabetes, although you certainly aren't diabetic yet. You should discuss your symptoms with your doctor and have him check your urine and blood including an HbA1c if he thinks would be appropriate. There is no therapy that is known to prevent diabetes. You can read a lot more about this subject (e.g. the current trials) through the pages of Children with Diabetes, especially Research into Prevention.