From California, USA:

My youngest daughter (age 17) has had diabetes since she was 20 months old. She is now an attractive senior in high school. She takes three shots a day for control, but wants to lose weight, so doesn't eat properly. She's had three episodes going to the emergency room of hospitals due to low blood sugar. We've had her in counseling, even enrolled her into a local psychiatric hospital (for psychological evaluation) overnight, all to no avail. Even her high school counselor admits she's in a deep state of denial about her disease, and I'm afraid she's contemplating suicide. Is there a boarding school for Type 1 diabetics?

Places that take adolescents with diabetes for long term care include:

1. Cypress Creek in Houston (1-281-586-7600)
  2. Rehabilitation Institute of Pittsburgh (1-412-521-9000)
  3. Cumberland Hospital in New Kent, Virginia (1-804-966-2242)

My experience has been that even if the adolescents do well at the chronic care facilities, their problems usually return when they return home unless the issues at home and school are dealt with. I usually find that a competent psychiatrist (either inpatient or outpatient) who is willing to work with an endocrinologist and focus on the issues in the teen's environment is usually the best solution. It sounds like your daughter may have an eating disorder. In any case, it sounds like she needs some immediate care locally for now.