From Saint Lucia:

I want to know what to do when I go to a party. There will be a lot of children eating sweets.

It is always hard to do different things than your friends are doing. Are you counting carbohydrate grams or are you on a exchange or point diet? If you are counting carbohydrates, sometimes with the help of your Mom or Dad you can figure out how to work in some of the sweet treats when you would normally be having a snack. If you are really being active you may even need extra food!

If you avoid sugar all together, bring some treats that are sugar-free that you can eat during the night such as sugar-free soda, sugar-free popsicles, sugar-free candy, or you might bring along some popcorn or chips. Remember that sugar-free does not necessarily mean that you don't have to count it. Some families combine a sweet with sugar-free items.