Question:

From Hyde Park, New York, USA:

I am trying to find if there is an answer to a very odd day that my 3 year old son had yesterday. I thought that he just wasn't feeling well. He would not eat or drink all day and he was having tantrums more that usual, was sullen, and very whiny. When he got home from day care he just lay on the sofa and I got him to drink a glass of apple juice then within five minutes he was a completely new kid, running around, laughing and then he ate a huge dinner of macaroni and cheese. Could this be the possible onset of diabetes or was it nothing?

Answer:

No, from what you say I don't think your son has developed diabetes or any other related disorders. If the episode repeats, I would speak to your pediatrician for more help.