From Upstate New York, USA:

I've been a Type 1 diabetic for 12 years. I'm 23 years old and get my eyes checked every year. Last year I noticed spots in my eyes. I went to the eye doctor and he checked everything over and said my eyes were fine. He mentioned they were probably floaters in my eyes. Should I be worried? I'm so afraid of going blind but when I go see my eye doctor he always tells me my eyes look fine. Is there any reasons to believe the black dots are from my diabetes?

"Floaters" can happen to anybody.

If your eye doc knew that you have diabetes, and did the usual comprehensive exam (including dilating your pupils, and shining very bright lights into your eyes!), you probably have nothing to worry about. But, for complete reassurance, why not telephone the eye doctor and ask his staff to doublecheck your chart or ask him?

I'm glad you're getting your eyes checked every year. That's a standard recommendation for people who have had Type 1 diabetes for over five years.