From Mexico:

My grandmother is a diabetic, and the doctors had to amputate one of her toes. I'm looking for the best hospital to treat her. Could you tell me which is the best hospital or doctor to treat diabetes? She is having problems with her other foot now, so we want to get care before it is too late.

My grandmother lives in Mexico city, but we want to treat her in the best hospital for this problem anywhere in the world.

There's really no such thing as "the best" diabetes hospital or "best" diabetes doctor. The important thing is that the physicians caring for a patient with diabetes listen to their patients, and demonstrate that they really care for their patients. (It would, of course, help if the doctors were up-to-date on the latest diabetes information!)

If your grandmother's doctors are experts in diabetes care, and are up-to-date, there's no reason to consider transferring her care elsewhere. How do you know if they are? First, ask them what specialties they are trained in, and whether they consult other specialists regularly for diabetes. Second, ask the diabetes nurses at the local hospitals whether they are comfortable with the care provided by the doctors. Third, if there's any concern at all, ask the doctors to get a second opinion from other doctors.

No matter how good the doctors are, if your grandmother wants to avoid problems with her other foot, she should follow some standard medical advice: for example, quit smoking if she does smoke, lose extra weight if she's overweight, and control her blood sugar.