From New Jersey, USA:

I'm a mother of a daughter with juvenile diabetes and have just read about siblings being tested for relationship of measles vaccination and juvenile diabetes. I remember my daughter received vaccinations for school at age 6 and had a severe reaction the next day; she had severe headache that made her cry. She was diagnosed at age 11. I also remember reading someplace that sometimes it took years before the onset. I wonder how unique my experience is?

The possibility that measles vaccination might trigger clinical diabetes in susceptible subjects has been proposed for some time; but I could find no definitive reports in the National Library of Medicine. A definitive study of the possibility is part of a large on-going study called DAISY (Diabetes AutoImmune Study in Youth) and so far there is no evidence of a link. On present information it would be wrong to delay measles immunisation.