From Beaumont, Texas, USA:

I have been reading about the High-Protein, Low-Carb diet and it sounds like an excellent way to help control blood sugars. But, as I was reading about it, it said, ketones could possibly result from following this diet. I was wondering if I could still follow the higher-protein, lower-carb diet and be cautious about the ketones, or is that not possible? I'm 16 years old and have had diabetes for 15, almost 16 years and this finally sounds like something that could work for me. Any thoughts?

My thoughts are that any diet that places a large emphasis on one nutrient to the exclusion or severe limitation of another is not ideal. You mention that you have had diabetes most of your 16 years but do not mention if you are concerned about your weight, have any indication of kidney problems, high blood pressure, etc. All of these things need to be considered before you try a diet such as this one. I would suggest that you seek the advice of a specialist in diabetes and a dietitian who is knowledgeable about diet options. In other words, I believe you should research out the options before attempting this kind of diet.