From Australia:

Why do sugar levals drop dramatically within the course of 1 hour, e.g., from 12.7 mmol/l to 2.3 mmol/l [228 mg/dl to 41 mg/dl]? The child is 3 years old and at rest.

You give us very little information to correctly judge this phenomenon: broadly speaking, it can depend on a faster absorption of insulin dose (I assume your child's drop is after Regular insulin or lispro insulin [Humalog®]) from an injection site near a small blood vessel and/or a faster absorption site such as the abdomen wall. Anyhow, I don't remember a drop of the magnitude you report over an hour time in any patient of mine! Have you checked again with another strip or meter?