From Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada:

Has there been any new research that suggests Glucosamine Sulfate will lower blood sugars in people with diabetes? I have searched Medline, but I am still seeking more information.

Like you I can find no evidence that glucosamine sulfate has any direct effect on blood sugar in either normal people or those with diabetes. Indeed in view of the doses normally used and the short half life in the body you would not expect any change. There might however be a secondary link in that reduction of stress from joint pain might make blood glucose control easier to achieve in someone with diabetes. It's main use seems to be as a chondroprotective substance in osteoarthritis, a less effective antiinflammatory than aspirin; but less of an irritant to the gastrointestinal tract.