From North Carolina, USA:

I have a 7 year old son who I am concerned may be showing symptoms of diabetes. My father is diabetic and I am glucose intolerant, which I watch carefully. I checked my son's glucose with my home monitor and his fasting level was 87. Are children's normal blood ranges different than adults?

The blood sugar levels to be expected for a 7 year old are the same as for adults. See Classification and Diagnosis of Diabetes for more information.

By the way, the blood sugar levels of newborn babies are lower those of older kids and adults.