From Sydney, Australia:

Can you tell me the concentrations of acetone and other ketone bodies which would typically be found in the breath and perspiration of a diabetic?

I don't have, nor could I find in the recent Medline listings, any figures for acetone or other ketone bodies in perspiration. It's an assay that would obviously be very vulnerable to error from evaporation although iontophoresis should get around this. The measurement would still be a cumbersome affair though.

Your question makes me wonder if you are considering measuring acetone in expired air as a device for assessing control or at least for monitoring recovery from acidosis. I don't have any figures myself; but about 15 years ago, Prof. R. B. Elliott in the Department of Paediatrics, University of Auckland School of Medicine, 85 Park Road, Auckland, N.Z. did exactly that and I am sure that if you wrote to him he could provide the information you want. We had one of the prototypes to try out at a time when we were still seeing a fair number of young people with moderate acidosis who required a few hours of rehydration and insulin. Our evaluation was that it was not an advance over existing procedures.