Question:

From Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri, USA:

I am 28 and was wondering how do you explain to a doctor that you may need to be checked to see if you have some sort of a sugar problem. Depending on what I eat I can wait up to four hours before I eat again. Also if I do wait too long and then try to eat something I then feel really tired and ill.

Answer:

I would say to your doctor exactly what you wrote here. I would add that this is not how diabetes usually presents. With diabetes, the more common symptoms and signs would be thirst, frequent urination, perhaps weight loss. If you are not feeling well, you should see your doctor for evaluation.

LM