Question:

From England:

This is concerning my younger brother who is 17 and has had diabetes for nearly three years. I was working abroad when it happened so assumed my brother was coping okay. However now I've returned, my brother has been injected by paramedics three times in six months for not controlling it properly.

I am looking into buying a multi-alarm watch and possibly a diabetic computer product. Is there a more specialised device that could possibly track his foods and levels?

Answer:

Medos, a company in Sweden, makes a multiple alarm watch. You can read about their Medos Multiple Alarm Watch within this web site.

Diabetes computer programs (for personal computers) are discussed at Computerizing Your Meter and Computerized Meal Planning.

We are unaware of any product that will keep track of everything automatically; it will require that your brother learn more about his diabetes, and become more willing to take responsibility for it.

JSH and WQ