From Pune, Maharashtra, India:

Age 66 years; diabetes diagnosed for 23 years; Type 1 diabetes.

Question 1: Are cashew nuts, almonds and milk good for diabetes?

Question 2: What other special foods would you recommend for rapid weight gain? The patient is underweight; her height being 5.0 feet and weight 33 kilograms.

I assume you have consulted with your physician to look for other medical problems that could cause you to be underweight. I recommend that people who are trying to lose weight limit foods that are higher in fat and that are calorie dense. Due to the age of this person, the higher fat foods may be contraindicated due to heart disease or high cholesterol. You do not mention if she has recently lost weight or if she has always been thin. It may be helpful to offer foods more often during the day - say 6 small meals with foods containing protein carbohydrate and fat. The nuts you mentioned are an excellent calorie dense food with the kind of fat that does not contribute to heart disease.