From Ontario, Canada:

I am 18 and have been diabetic for 2 years. I still have not been able to keep a controlled blood sugar level. My average is 16 - 20 [288 - 360]. I do not eat candy. I don't smoke or drink. Is there anything I could try besides no sugar? Anything I can cut back on? My doctor said I am ready for kidney or lung failure soon and I have become scared.

Lung failure is not a complication of long term diabetes. Kidney problems can occur as a complication of diabetes, but usually do not occur after only 2 years of diabetes in an 18 year old.

You did not mention if you are on insulin or if you have any other medical problems. If your blood sugars are running very high (16 - 20 mmol), you need to work with an endocrinologist to improve your control.

Just avoiding sweets will not bring your blood sugar under control. You need to learn to balance your food, insulin and exercise to control the blood sugar. You need to meet with a dietitian and form an individualized meal plan for yourself. You need to monitor your blood sugar frequently and discuss the results with your physician to find the right combination of food, insulin and exercise.