From California, USA:

I am an adult (39 years old) with Type 1 diabetes, diagnosed at the age of 11. I have been recently diagnosed with diabetic neuropathy in my feet and legs. I have such bad scarring from insulin injections and was wondering if the pump would be more helpful in controlling the diabetes. The scarring keeps the insulin from absorbing correctly. I am using NPH and R.

I don't know if a pump would help: it still requires that a needle be placed into the skin somewhere (usually in the abdomen). My first thought, however, is to talk to a diabetes nurse educator about your injection techniques, and see if your "scarring" is due to something fixable, or whether it's left over from years ago, when we had less pure insulin products that tended to cause lumps (lipohypertrophy) and dents (lipoatrophy) in the skin tissues.