From America On-Line:

I have a really serious question for you: Can I drink?. I am 14 and I know it is not legal but everyone does and I really want to. I take 11 R and 24 NPH in the morning and 11 R and 14 NPH in the afternoon. If I drink, I plan on drinking about 5 to 7 beers.

I would not recommend that anyone drink that much alcohol, let alone someone with diabetes who is under age. The biggest problem with alcohol (other than the fact that it turns off your body's ability to make sugar in the liver to meet emergencies) is that it alters your ability to make good decisions. Doing something because "everyone else is doing it" may need to be replaced by a choice to make healthier decisions for yourself. You do have a great health reason to use with your peers for not drinking. There have been a few teens thrown into jail because authorities did not realize they had diabetes with serious health consequences. Please rethink the drinking issue.