From Elberton, Georgia, USA:

I am a middle school counselor working with a 12 year old female who was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in the Spring of last year. Lately she has had problems controlling her blood sugar and is feeling very frustrated, tired and depressed. Can you direct me to resources to help me help her?

You could see if this girl is being cared for by a diabetologist or endocrinologist and contact the health care provider, if you have the permission of the parents, and see if they have any advice. It might be that she is not being followed closely and needs some insulin adjustments.

Another resource is 1-800-Teamup4, a telephone number that can put you in touch with a diabetes educator in your area that could help you troubleshoot problems with this young lady.