From Fremont, California, USA:

My wife is 41 and has been a type 1 diabetic since age 14. Her long term complications include serious neuropathy, especially in her limbs and gastrointestinal area, which along with the gastroparesis she suffers from, makes it very difficult to digest her food properly. She also suffers from diabetic retinopathy, having had numerous laser treatments on both eyes.

I have heard that there have been clinical trials on type 1 diabetics that include the use of C-peptide, which have produced positive results that included the reversal of some diabetic complications. We would appreciate any information you have on C-peptide and/or your suggestions as to where we might find out more about this encouraging treatment.

There have been a number of questions in the last few weeks about the use of C-peptide in treating long-term complications, in consequence of which I have searched Medline, which is at the National Library of Medicine, and asked a number of colleagues who mainly look after adults if they know of any ongoing trials or current availability of the product. There has certainly been some encouraging work in animals and one of the reasons that a whole pancreas transplant seems not only to arrest, but to some extent to resolve, vascular complications has been ascribed to C-peptide.

However I could find no recent information about trials in man and the rather sparse data that is already a available has been equivocal.

You might try following developments yourself at PubMed.