From Spring Hill, Florida, USA:

I was taking metformin [a pill for Type 2 diabetes], 250mg 3 times a day; the endocrinologist switched me over to 200mg Rezulin [troglitazone, a different class of medication for Type 2 diabetes] in the A.M. I had good control on metformin but for periodic hypoglycemia and blood sugar swings that affected my eyes. Does it take awhile for Rezulin to build up in the body? Blood sugar has been elevated since I started rezulin several days ago.

Yes, it takes up to a month or two for troglitazone (Rezulin) to grab hold. Therefore, if I am transferring a patient from metformin (Glucophage) to troglitazone, I usually advise an overlap of a few weeks, with close monitoring of the blood sugar levels; if/when the blood sugar nose-dives, then decrease or eliminate the metformin dose.

You should also be aware that sometimes troglitazone just doesn't seem to work at all; this is another reason to overlap therapies for a while.

Talk to your physician about what to do now (which will probably depend on what your blood sugar levels are doing now).