From Kuwait:

I am a Type 1 diabetic and am a 13 year old male. I was diagnosed a year ago. I am not taking insulin at the moment because I am in the honeymoon period. Is it possible for blood sugars to drop below normal? And is it possible for the pancreas to be producing too little insulin at one time, but too much at another?

As your body continues to destroy the insulin-producing cells during the honeymoon period, insulin secretion does not always correspond with intake and the sugars may bounce below normal. Some studies now show that taking even a little tiny bit of insulin helps level things out and may avoid this erratic behavior.