Question:

From Fort Worth, Texas, USA:

I understand there is a fairly new oral drug either just released or soon to be out. It starts with the letter P I think. It is susposed to be taken just previous to each meal. I have Type 2 diabetes. Sorry to be so vague but I heard about it from someone that read about it in a newspaper article.

Answer:

You have heard correctly: Prandin (repaglinide) will be available soon (in the USA) for treatment of Type 2 diabetes.

It's hard to keep up with all the developments in diabetes; there are several locations on the Internet that keep track of newstories that might be of interest to you and others: News & Information at Children with DIABETES, and Diabetes News on the Internet at the Diabetes Monitor.

WWQ