Question:

From Oman:

My daughter has recently been diagnosed a diabetic and she is taking Human Mixtard 30/70. We are presently living in the Middle East, and we have just found out that we can't get the Human Mixtard. We have been informed that we can give her Actraphane. I would be grateful if you could give me your thoughts. My daughter is five years old.

Answer:

Human Mixtard 30/70 used to be called Actraphane in the UK. I expect that the insulin is exactly the same in the Middle East and that they simply have not changed the name. Discuss with your doctor.