Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Texas, USA:

My 12 year old daughter was just diagnosed with high blood sugar. The doctor told me to cut back on her sugar intake and that she wanted to have her retested in 6 months. I never felt like she consumed a lot of sweets. Do you have a suggestion on a source where I can find a diet for her?


It sounds like you need to find an pediatric endocrinologist for your daughter, as well as a "diet." There's a lot more to treating diabetes (or suspected diabetes) besides kicking you out of the office for six months.


Original posting 11 Feb 98


  Home Return to Top

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:56
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.