From Missouri, USA:

My daughter is 4 years old and diagnosed 7 months ago with Type 1. I have read that chromium and vanadium are important supplements that a diabetic person needs. Is this true? Our current doctor is not a proponent of vitamins. I also heard that chromium picolinate could be used, but to be careful as it can drive down the blood sugar levels quickly.

There are not any guidelines for giving children chromium and vanadium. I know there is some research regarding several vitamins and elements/minerals. There is not sufficient evidence at this time to make a recommendation.