Question:

From Erie, Pennsylvania, USA:

I've had all the symptoms for hypoglycemia. I went to my physician, who then had my finger pricked to test my blood sugar level. It came out to be 119 which she said is normal. But I do have attacks of hypoglycemia, (dizzy, weak shaky, feels like I'm going to pass out) at times when I don't eat in the morning. I do not know when these attacks are going to occur, they come and go. My physician told me that the only way she can diagnose it is if I have my finger pricked or blood taken when I have these attacks. Could you please tell me if this is true and why it can only be diagnosed during an attack?

Answer:

Your physician is correct because once hypoglycaemia is corrected, there are no measurable signs that it has occurred.