From Georgia, USA:

I am a middle school counselor working with a 12 year old female who was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in the spring of last year. Lately she has had problems controlling her blood sugar and is feeling very frustrated, tired and depressed. Can you direct me to resources to help me help her?

This happens often. Be sure that this young lady is being followed by a diabetes team especially experienced with teens. Her depression may or may not be related to the diabetes. Perhaps there are other psychologic issues that need to be addressed. Emotional swings can significantly interfere with blood glucose control and cause erratic blood sugars. You might also seek a psychologist or psychiatrist experienced in these matters.