Question:

From El Paso, Texas, USA:

I am seeking resources for affordable test strips for my blood glucose meter. I do not have medical insurance and I feel that the industry is taking advantage of those who depend on those strips.

Answer:

Brand name strips are what you will need to use in your meter. There had been some "generic" brands available a few years ago, but due to problems with quality control, as well as legal issues, they are not now available. As far as I know there is no other option.

LM

Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections and Social Issues: Insurance/Costs