From Italy:

I am interested in use Humalog insulin for pen, but I have a Novopen injection device. Can I use Novopen with Humalog Lilly or only with Novo insulin?

This depends upon your scruples and financial arrangements for healthcare. We are provided with NovoPens free by Novo Nordisk and BD Pens free by Lilly, so, so in the UK I would not sanction using the wrong insulin in either pen. In circumstances where the patient pays, there is no problem with interchanging the two devices with the other company's insulin product.

Additional Comments from Dr. Songini:

Dalla fine di november 1997 sono disponibili a totale carico del SSN le confezioni di penfill Humalog che lei puō usare tranquillamente su tutte le penne attualmente sul mercato, incluse ovviamente quelle NOVO.

(Since the end of November 1997 Humalog cartridges are fully reimbursed by NHS [in Italy] and they can be used with all the pens available to the patients, Novopens included.)

Additional comments added 10 Mar 1998