From New Jersey, USA:

My 4 year old daughter presented once with glucosuria while on Pediapred [a steroid medication] for croup. She once again has a upper respiratory infection and while on Augmentin [an antibiotic], she presented again with glucosuria.

Could she have diabetes? She also is suspected of having IgA nephropathy [a kidney disease], but she has not has a renal biopsy. Could her glucosuria be related to a nephropathy?

I think it unlikely that your daughter has Type 1 diabetes and the glucosuria might be renal and part of a mild exacerbation of the IGA nephropathy with an acute illness. The way to make sure is to check and see if her fasting blood sugar is normal. If there are any doubts you might ask your doctor to arrange an antibody test which can be done by calling 1-800-425-8361.