From New Brunswick, Canada:

I need some ideas for protein for a 7 year old child with Type 1 diabetes and who dislikes peanut butter and is getting sick of cheeses. Meals are not a problem, just snacks.

You might try hard cooked eggs or jerky or cottage cheese (believe it or not, some kids like it). Sugar free yogurt, milk, pudding -- all have some protein in combination with carbohydrate. Some kids just like left over meats like a ham slice or turkey slice rolled up. You might try cheese on chips -- like nachos. There is a good book for snack ideas called The Joy of Snacks by Nancy Cooper. I have seen it in book stores and it is available from the American Diabetes Association.