Question:

From Hyannis, Massachusetts, USA:

My friend lives in New Hampshire. Her 2 year old was recently diagnosed at the Children's Hospital in [a major New England city]. What is the best referral/resource for information on kids this age?

Answer:

Your friend's child is being cared for at an excellent facility. I would suggest the family ask their child's own doctor, nurse, and nutritionist to suggest educational materials for their child. There are many books available which can be purchased. The Children With Diabetes web site is an excellent place to start learning about diabetes, find out about resources available, and share experiences with other families and friends.