I used the Diabetes Risk Test. I told the data entry form I was a 6 foot, 65 year old male, weighing 175 pounds, who gets some exercise every day and has no siblings or parents with diabetes and I got a score of 9, one point from the high risk zone. If I raise my weight to 205, the score goes to 14. Neither of these results seem reasonable, unless my age automatically puts me into a high risk category. Can you explain, or is this calculator rigged to scare everyone?

What's your age? I suspect it's 65 or older, which raises the risk of diabetes even in the absence of other risk factors. Obesity plus older ages definitely increases the risk to "high risk" levels.

I think the quiz is (in part) designed to impress older people with the fact they're high risk: The American Diabetes Association has recently advised that everybody over 45 get a blood sugar as part of their health evaluation every year (see ADA and WHO Announce New Classification and Diagnostic Criteria for Diabetes).