From West Virginia, USA:

I have had diabetes for 11 years now. My husband and I have had one healthy baby and were wondering if it would be wise to have another. I haven't had any serious problems yet, but it's just been so long since I became diabetic, I didn't know if it would be healthy for me or a baby. I'm 22 and became diabetic when I was 11.

As long as you are maintaining good glucose control and do not have secondary complications such as hypertension, eye disease or kidney disease, then now is as good a time as any to try for another baby.

Posted to Family Planning